Ambient Tours and our tour partner in Portugal, offer fully escorted and event managed cultural and heritage tour packages centred on Porto.
Built on the steep bank of the Douro River, Porto is much more than the centre of the Port wine industry; it is also the undisputed capital of the north of Portugal and gateway to the Douro valley and the cultural heritage of the whole country. The city boasts numerous hotels, cafes and restaurants whilst the charm of the narrow streets of the old town has led to it being designated a World heritage city by UNESCO.
Your cultural and heritage experience starts the moment you arrive in Porto. You will be met at the airport by one of our experienced tour guides who will ensure that everything runs smoothly and that your stay is everything that you hoped it would be. Your package includes visits to the main cultural and heritage sites in Porto, the Douro valley and the surrounding area but allows you ample free time to soak up the unique atmosphere of the City and the facilities at your hotel. The typical fully escorted heritage & cultural tour programme will include:
- All transfers in Porto and the surrounding area
- 2/3 night’s accommodation at the selected hotel, including breakfast
- Welcome drink and dinner
- Special Porto dining experience
- Fully escorted full day sightseeing itinerary taking in the sights of Guimarães, Braga and Ponte de Lima
- One ½ day Porto heritage experience
- The exclusive services of an experienced guide and tour manager
Tour Dates 2018: 1-4 June and 6-9 July